Though it was in the 70’s well into Dec, I now know that winter is officially here the for the following reasons:
- I have to cover my veggies at night,
- I have to put on a coat to drop my daughter at school,
- I have to scrape my car window off to see through it in the AM,
- I couldn’t take out the recycling in flip-flops,
- I realized my seat heater probably doesn’t work anymore in my old wagon, and
- there are Christmas lights everywhere.
I kind of feel vindicated. Like at the end of the Grinch who Stole Christmas when the holiday happens despite the Grinchy theft of gifts etc. … The climate change and spring like weather couldn’t keep winter from coming!
While I’ve never been a fan go the gloomy dark days of winter, this year it feels like a relief. I was becoming disconcerted trimming my tree in shorts. (That was an experience I was saving for my twilight years in the Keys.) But fear not! Here she is! Winter. In all her glory. Colder than I remember and darker than I’d like.
Thanks mother nature!