I had to teach last night and I would just like to thank my students for being so SO great and
all almost all showing up. It meant a lot to me because I’d have rather been at home with my little one, but the students were great and made it feel worth while.
I had the pleasure of carving a pumpkin with my little one for the first time this year. I learned the following:
1) Apparently I’d not carved a pumpkin in 8 years! Wow.
2) Carving a pumpkin is like riding a bike. It comes back to you.
3) Toddlers are fascinated with the goop inside the pumpkin, but really nothing else about carving a pumpkin. She spent most of her time drawing next to us while we carved.
4) Carving a pumpkin is hard! I had this great plan on paper and my pumpkin itself, while charming, is far from professional.
5) My little one loves toasted pumpkin seeds. Sweet! Another healthy snack for the list.
I found dressing up (a brown cat) to be a much bigger hit. As was passing out candy, trick-or-treating, and eating candy. She’s already planning her costume for next year…Batman. She’s a surprise a minute.