Or eventually I will any way…
OK, whenever I don’t know how to do something (and I’m a bit intimidated by it), the first thing I do is read about it. Read. Read. Read. This does several things to benefit my process.
- I get to be a student (by far my favorite job),
- I get to procrastinate starting said new task I’m skeerd of, and
- I usually get to buy a new book or two. 🙂
Here’s where I am in the process of learning to can.
1. I’ve bought my canning supplies:
2. I’ve bought and read two inspiring and informative canning books:
3. And….I’ve picked a bunch of food from my garden that needs to be processed (See here).
So, what am I waiting for? Time? Nerve? A sitter to watch my little one while I boil things on the stove? All of the above and none of the above. I think the root of the issue is I’m still a bit intimidated. I hear Botulism is kind of a big deal, so I’m hesitant to get started. How will I solve that problem, you ask?
I’m looking for a canning class to take.
Yes, next to Amazon orders and reading more and more books, taking a class is the procrastinators next best friend. 🙂 I’m on the hunt and I’ll be sure to share what I learn.