Thanking the people who teach my little person
This is the first year I’m a mom with a kid going to “school” (ie mother’s day out), so this is the first year I’m including teachers on my holiday gift list. Since I’m new to this whole things I needed some inspiration. To get ideas for simple, ethical and homemade teacher’s gifts this year I turned (where else?!) to Pinterest.
- The teachers have mentioned more than once a love of chocolate :).
- This is a sweet bird feeder I think my daughter could help me make.
- I always love a themed cupcake!
- Coffee, nuf said. (You could of course make this a gift card to your local coffee shop)
- This combines my two loves, chocolate and office supplies, but of course doesn’t involve anything homemade or upcycling…
After all this though, what am I actually doing you ask? I’ve settled on baked goods in glass jars and little handmade chickadee ornaments (that’s the name of my daughter’s class at school, the ‘chickadees’.). So I’ve now ventured into another hand sewn project that’s got a 24 hour turn around (anyone remember the ‘activity board that I said I’d sew by machine next time. I apparently don’t learn my own lessons well.)
So this is my day…baking and sewing, sewing and baking. All day. And to be honest, I’m relishing it! (One of the times I’m thankful for my lay off :))
Here I am in the ornament process…
and here’s one completed bird…
I’ll post a tutorial (along with the owl tutorial 🙂 ) very soon. In the mean time…tomorrow doth quickly approach and I have 8 more birds to make and two dozen cookies! I’m going to get my domestic goddess hat one.
Peace and Productivity!